Almost any social gathering in South Africa is an automatic excuse to light up the barbecue and to start grilling some food and perhaps trying out one of the country’s many delicious traditional recipes. Almost everyone who has ever grilled a chop over a gas or charcoal fire seems to have some secret marinade or a mixture of herbs that is guaranteed to tickle the palate and to create a talking point.
Of course, the universal appeal of these al fresco feasts is not just the result of choosing the right ingredients. The perfect outdoor meal will also require the services of a chef with at least a measure of culinary talent. However, every bit as important is the right cooking equipment. For thousands of South Africans, the secret of the latter is something only to be found in the iconic, blue cylinders that are to be seen in so many homes and campsites all around the country and that instantly define them as a product of one of the world’s leading manufacturers of both gas and charcoal-fired outdoor grillers – Cadac.
From the Mixed Grill to the Gourmet Meal
The humble braai has evolved almost beyond recognition since the days when it was little more than a tray to hold the charcoal and a grid to support the meat. Although, the results from these devices can be exquisite, it has to be said that they are also rather limited in terms of the variety of cuisine that is actually possible with such simple equipment.
By contrast, the advanced gas-fired barbecue designs that are in use today are not just restricted to grilling your food. They represent a quantum leap that now allows for the preparation of many new and exciting recipes, including some that will hold plenty of appeal for the vegetarians.
The Cadac Braaimaxx, for instance, is an exceptionally versatile product. It offers outdoor chefs the choice of 5 different cooking surfaces. These includes a wok in which stir fried vegetables or rice can be prepared and a baking stone on which to bake a mouth-watering, man-sized pizza with toppings that are sure to delight either the carnivores or the veggie fans. Incidentally, because this model was designed with two independent cooking areas, you can actually braai your steaks, chops and worsies on one side while roasting some spicy mixed peppers in red wine on the other.
Marinades and Rubs add a new Dimension
Nobody can dispute the attraction of that characteristic smoky aroma and taste of a porterhouse steak cooked over glowing charcoal. However a gas braai also opens up many new and effective ways in which to introduce some enticing new flavours into a meal of traditional steaks and chops. Marinades, particularly when applied overnight, can transform a simple dish into a masterpiece just bursting with flavours and fragrances.
Steeping them in natural yoghurt with a little rosemary and thyme, a bay leaf, some grated onion and seasoning is guaranteed to have everyone queuing up for those chicken breasts and passing on plenty of compliments to the chef. Cooking on a griddle will also make it easier to ensure that the marinade doesn’t burn.
For those who may prefer their meat a little less moist, there are plenty of commercial rubs available and, mixed with a little olive oil and worked into the meat, the final results can often be stunning. On the other hand, with only the minimum of effort, it is simple enough to produce something quite unique by grinding your preferred selection of herbs and spices in the proportions that best satisfy your personal taste.
If you are lot for ideas, then it certainly makes sense to check with the experts in outdoor living. Cadac not only provides all the equipment for a world-class barbecue but also some great suggestions for grilling food with dozens of scrumptious recipes.
10 Healthy Ideas for a Lean Barbeque Season
Millions of South African families enjoy barbeques. This favourite national pastime defies race, class, ethnicity, social status and age and is enjoyed by people from all walks of life. This, coupled with South Africa’s world famous climate contributes to people wanting to spend time outdoors instead of in stuffy indoors. You can make a BBQ as inexpensive or lavish as you wish. By carefully selecting the foods that you include with the barbeque, and adding inexpensive and healthy fillers such as green salads and fried veggies, people can enjoy an affordable and healthy time around the fire.
With an emphasis on health and healthy living these days, many people are looking into how they can still enjoy their favourite ways of eating and preparing their food, but with a higher emphasis on doing so healthily. You can keep your dinners lean and healthy by taking proactive steps. Here are 10 healthy ideas for a lean BBQ season:
- Flavoursome grilling sauces and marinades: Remember that when marinating and saucing your meats, you can do so without adding too much fat or calories. Chilli sauce, tomato paste, molasses, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce are all very flavoursome without adding a lot of calories. Best of all? These sauces contain 0 grams of fat!
- Marinade your meat using reseal-able plastic bag: A great way to ensure that your marinade is fully absorbed by your meat, fish, chicken or veggies is to place it into a reseal-able bag. Place the meat inside the bag, pour your marinade over the meat and seal the bag. Place the bag in the fridge and allow it to marinade until you’re ready to start the grilling.
- Enjoy a bit of sweetness: You can add a bit of sweetness to your BBQ, but less is perhaps still better. Add a small amount of a sweet ingredient like honey, brown sugar, fruit juice or molasses to your marinade. It will add flavour while also helping to balance and offset other bold spices. If you add too much sweetness, your meat, veg or fish can burn while being grilled over high heat.
- Incorporate delicious veggies: This is perhaps one of the most popular healthy ideas for a lean BBQ season. A great thing about adding veg to the BBQ is that you don’t have to be so preoccupied about overcooking it as you might be with other types of meat. Marinating your veg before grilling them will also help it to caramelise better. Great BBQ veg choices include corn on the cob, eggplant, whole mushrooms and asparagus and zucchini.
- Remove chicken’s skin: Half of the saturated fat in a chicken thigh and breast is contained in its skin, which is why it is such a healthy option to enjoy the chicken skinless.
- Lean meats: Make use of the leanest cuts of pork and beef you can get your hands on, and trim any fat before you start cooking. You will lose a lot of saturated fats this way and avoid feeding it to your family.
- Serving sizes: You can encourage guests to eat smaller portions by grilling the meat in smaller portions. This will also encourage them to eat slower and to socialise more!
- Tenderise the meat: You can marinade lean meat with lower-fat marinades featuring acid ingredients which will break down the tough fibres.
- Healthy grilling: Heterocyclic amines and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons are substances that are formed on the surface of meat that has been cooked to well-done at high temperatures. These have been proven to be unhealthy in humans. Ways to prevent this from forming is to flip the meats more often while on the grill, using low fat marinades and choosing leaner cut meats.
- No processed meat: While it might be tempting, just say no to processed meats and opt for freshly cut and prepared meat.
We are South Africa’s leaders in outdoor cooking equipment and offer you the extensive range of outdoor cooking equipment from Cadac – ideal for the South African family that enjoys to BBQ. Our different ranges include the charcoal range, patio, chef, adventure and camping ranges along with all associated BBQ accessories. Invest in top quality BBQ equipment and grills from one of South Africa’s preeminent leaders in BBQ equipment.
Gearing Up for a Successful Camping Trip
South Africa offers many spectacular camping venues and locations. In fact, people come from all over the world to experience the beauty of South Africa’s wild and untamed nature. Millions of South Africans can’t picture a more relaxing and enjoyable vacation than hitting the open road with their camping equipment and settling at a serene, quiet spot in nature and barbequing to their heart’s content.
When planning your camping trip, it’s important that when you are gearing up for camping you stock up on the right equipment for the trip. Here are a few tips to follow when stocking up on your camping equipment:
- Take the correct gas cylinder: There are many different sized gas cylinders available on the market, from the small 3kg cylinder to the potjie cooker and a 2 cook stove. The type of cylinder you decide on will depend in large part how many people will be joining you on the camping trip, and how many people you’ll need to cook for each time. At Cadac we provide leading brand cylinders including the Eazi Lite, Ultra-Light and 3, 5, 7 and 9kg cylinders, among many other options.
- Accessorise: Invest in the latest camping accessories that will make the entire trip more fun and convenient and remove the effort from camping. Our camping accessories include our popular bread pot, potjie pots, bake pot and dual control arm, to name a few.
- Charcoal kettles: We provide different accessories for the charcoal kettles, including hinged, standard and round BBQ grillers. Our pizza stone and ceramic briquettes will make preparing food on the camping trip nothing less than a breeze. Other popular products in our camping range include the adjustable BBQ griller, stainless steel drip pan, grill scrubber and the charcoal fire express.
- For the love of braai: When camping, you can’t go without a good old braai. We have many accessories and braai equipment that will help you to enjoy your next camping braai. These include the stainless steel magnetic toolset, the mixed knife set, signature BBQ skewer set and the skottel spatula, wok and 23cm pizza lifter. Our aluminium ceramic coated reversible swing grill and handle makes preparing food on the braai as easy as can be.
- Cooler bags: Keep the food and drink cool with our 6, 12, 24 and 36 can cooler bags.
These are only some of the many camping equipment products that will help you in gearing up for camping. It is no longer necessary to spend half your trip on the preparing, cooking and cleaning of food and food equipment. With the Cadac range of camping equipment you can take enjoyment in even the smallest of preparations when it comes to food preparation and enjoyment.
We are one of the leading suppliers of camping equipment in South Africa and continue to set the standard for the industry. With more than 60 years’ presence in the industry we have become a trusted brand in millions of South African homes in outdoor cooking and camping equipment. We distribute a wide range of leading leisure and patio products designed especially for the South African climate with portability, durability and convenience in mind.
Thanks to our continued efforts to ensure that our customers receive the very best possible service, our market share just continues to grow. Every year we help thousands of people to enjoy the African climate and the beauty of South Africa with quality outdoor equipment that makes spending time outdoors even more fun. If you are looking for affordable camping equipment to make your next camping trip a fun and huge success, contact us today.
Cleaning Tips for You for Your Charcoal Mate Braai
While having a barbeque is a great deal of fun that can be enjoyed by the whole family, sometimes the thought of cleaning up at the end can be daunting. At Cadac we have a range of fabulous mobile braais which are ideal for enjoyment at home or at the campsite. These units form part of the Charcoal range is quite a popular range on our catalogue. There are various cleaning tips for you for your Charcoal Mate braai that we can share with you. These will eliminate the negative feelings you have towards the after-braai cleanup and ensure that you never miss an opportunity to enjoy a great outdoor cooking experience with your family and friends again.
The Charcoal Mate is a braai unit that is available in a 50cm and 57cm variety. The units themselves are designed to be easy to clean, but there are a few things that can make the process even easier. Each of the sizes available is provided with a central air intake which ensures that no ash falls out of the actual bowl during the cooking process. Getting rid of the ash at the end is quite simply done by turning the actual barbeque bowl over in order to tip it out.
The actual grill of the unit can unfortunately get caked up with grease and burned bits of food and you will undoubtedly want to ensure that this is properly cleaned every time for hygiene purposes as well as health purposes. Having a perfectly cleaned grill will also ensure that you food tastes better and fresher.
The following cleaning tips for you for your Charcoal Mate braai can make the experience simpler and hassle free for you:
- Remove all of the accessories and grates within the grill and empty the excess ash in the bottom of the unit out. If you have a compost heap, then you can even add the charcoal to that. Just make sure that the brand you are using is safe for plants and the environment before doing so. Alternatively, empty the ash into a black bag and seal it immediately to avoid additional dirt issues.
- You can then spend a few minutes rinsing both the inside and outside of your grill with the garden hose. This does not need to be completed to perfection – just as long as you loosen the grease and any bits of food that might have been trapped inside the grill.
- The actual grate or grill is by far the most difficult part of the unit to clean. If you want the best results in the shortest space of time, make use of an oven cleaner which will easily and quickly dissolve cooked on grease. This type of cleaner is usually sprayed on and simply wiped off a short time later.
- You can avoid the grill having cooked on grease and tough stains by spraying it first with Spray and Cook before you begin braaiing.
- If you want to clean the exterior of the unit, do so with a cloth and not a wire brush or similar.
- If you want your food to have the very best flavour, remember to empty the ash and used coals out of the unit and replace with fresh products, after each and every braai.
When it comes to enjoying your barbeque you should not spend time worrying about how tedious the final cleaning will be. By taking these tips into account you can expect to be able to enjoy a perfectly clean grill in no time at all. In fact, the required time to clean your grill is kept to an absolute minimum due to the already easy to clean body and design of our braai equipment. Consultants are always available at Cadac to discuss the features of our products and we encourage you to make use of this service at any time.
For more cleaning tips for you and your Charcoal Mate braai, feel free to chat to any of our retailers or our sales consultants. We will ensure that you are able to make your purchase with absolute peace of mind that you are making the right choice for you and your family.
Hosting the perfect barbeque at your home for the enjoyment of your family and friends can be quite stressful, especially if you are hoping to impress your guests. While these outdoor cooking experiences are designed for fun and relaxation, you are probably going to want for your family and friends to be served with a delicious meal that doesn’t take too long to cook and leaves them wanting more! At Cadac we have a wide selection of products that can assist to achieve this, not to mention the fact that we have many brilliant ideas for your next braai that are bound to excite you.
We have various ranges of products that are absolutely bound to make your next BBQ one for the books. As a quick look, you can expect the following types of units offered to the market by us:
- Patio Range – these are ideal for inclusion in any home for private enjoyment.
- Charcoal Range – these are quite popular as they offer a trendy yet casual design. Both mobile and built-in units are available on the market.
- Chef Range – this is quite a versatile range and includes items such as Skottel Braais, Grillogas Braais and so on.
- Adventure Range – this range is ideal for those who like to escape the city and enjoy the bush. Absolutely everything you require for a convenient getaway can be found in this range.
Regardless of which of our units you choose to invest in, you will be making a wise decision and will certainly never look back.
Our team is always dedicated to ensuring that your outdoor cooking experience is enjoyable and that is why the following brilliant ideas for the perfect BBQ should be considered for your next braai:
- If you are looking to enjoy tender and delicious meat then ensure that you marinade it the night or morning before your braai. This will ensure that the flavour soaks into the meat and it can start becoming tender.
- If you want to enjoy corn on the cob or potatoes on the braai, wrap them in foil and place them directly onto the coals. This will slowly cook these items to perfection.
- A great snack to include with your braai is that of cheesy brown mushrooms. You can purchase quite large ones at your local grocery store. Load them up with crushed garlic, a small amount of butter, some salt and grated cheese and before wrapping them in tin foil and adding them to the grill.
- Invest in a set of braai accessories such as fork, tongs, sharp knife etc. These can be quite useful for a braai and are designed to be effective with very little effort.
There are a number of things that one can do to make a barbeque more enjoyable for the group. Having the right equipment and using the correct cooking techniques for a delicious meal are a great start and we at Cadac are always available to advise and guide our clients. If you would like to view our products we will gladly direct you to the nearest store that stocks our products. Each of our units is provided with the required warranty which provides much needed peace of mind.
At Cadac we have more than just a few brilliant ideas for your next braai. Our team wants nothing more than for you to have an enjoyable outdoor cooking experience and we design our products to ensure this. Browse through our range and be sure to chat to our sales consultants should you have any questions regarding our products.
Hosting the perfect braai for family and friends is all about the atmosphere that you can create, but more importantly, the food that you serve. Outdoor cooking has become quite popular over the years and more effort is being made to serve delicious meals that are more than just a few pieces of charred meat and salad. In this day and age, everyone wants to enjoy a delicious and mouth-watering meal and this is made possible with our build-in charcoal BBQ units for sale at http://www.cadac.co.za.
When it comes to units that are actually built into your property you will find two main varieties available on our catalogue. Consider investing in one of the following options:
- 1000mm Charcoal BBQ Oven – this unit has 5 sides which are professionally coated in porcelain enamel. This coating ensures that the unit does not fall victim to rust. Each unit is absolutely convenient to clean and this is due to the large porcelain enamel bowls that are removable (the 100cm unit offers 2 of these bowls while the 70cm unit offers one). There is a large chimney exhaust included which ensures that gas and fumes can be removed effectively. There is no chimney included in the package so make sure to cater to this. This unit is available in stainless steel and a modern design that will be at home on any patio or outdoor entertainment area.
- 700mm Charcoal BBQ Oven – much like the 1000mm unit, this unit has all five sides coated in porcelain enamel to void potential rusting. They also have removal bowls which are porcelain enamel which make for easy cleaning after use. It has the same chimney exhaust as the 1000mm version and also does not include the actual chimney. There is a cooking grid which you can adjust the height of as well as warmer tray which is quite useful for keeping meat and food warm while more is cooked. There are two charcoal bins which can be used one at a time or together.
Both of these models are absolutely ideal for any home and you can expect your family and friends to be absolutely impressed by the food and meat that it can produce. You will find that we have local agents and outlets that stock these units right across the country, so you can pay a visit to your local supplier in order to take a closer look at the unit and maybe even receive a demonstration on how it works.
In the unlikely event that you are supplied with a product that is faulty or broken, you are bound to find our customer services team to be most helpful and available at any time to assist you with replacements, repairs and so on. Of course all of our units are provided with the required warrantees and guarantees which should give you absolute peace of mind that you are make a safe investment.
Of course we encourage you to browse through our entire range of charcoal BBQ units if this is what you are interested in. We also have portable options for those who aren’t looking for a permanent feature. Our catalogue also includes other units and varieties such as the Patio, Chef, Camping and Adventure options. You will find various accessories and cooler boxes available too which will make your outdoor cooking experience a great deal more convenient and comfortable.
Our website features a phenomenal amount of information on each of our units and you might even want to try one of our delicious recipes which we have included for your perusal and enjoyment. We have been serving the South African market in excess of 60 years and so have the expertise and know-how to ensure that you are provided with nothing less than the absolute best on the market. Our products are designed and manufactured to perfection and it is our hope that you and your family will enjoy our range as much as we do.
At Cadac we want nothing more than for you to have access to a range of well-priced braai equipment for the enjoyment of you, your family and your friends. Choose the right build-in charcoal BBQ unit for you and start reaping the rewards!
It is no secret that The Ultimate Braai Master 2012, which was sponsored by Pick n Pay, was one of South Africa’s first and most successful reality cooking competitions aired on television to date. The show itself featured 14 teams going head-to-head to out cook each other while travelling across the country. What was involved in the prize? Nothing less than R500 000 cash, a brand spanking new Renault Koleos 4×4 and the outstanding Cadac Braai Maxx which was proudly sponsored by us at Cadac. It goes without saying that despite the amazing experience included, the prizes alone were reason for great excitement amongst the contestants.
Outdoor cooking enthusiasts were undoubtedly glued to their seats as in the first season, Cape Town-based Elaine Ensor-Smith and Tubby Melidonis took to the bush to travel 8000km over a 60 day period which was punctuated with delicious meals and mouth-watering treats to delight the pallet. Technique and skill were shown from every angle as the teams proved just how sumptuous a meal can be – even when cooked on a braai. The show took off to a good start with thousands of supporters dying to know who would take home the coveted prize. The show was aired on SABC 3 and the country watched on as friends of 20 years, Tubby and Elaine, cooked their way to the ultimate prize. Throughout the series the show won over the interest and hearts of many South Africans with the number of fans growing with each episode.
At Cadac we were proud to be involved in the excitement and wish to assist our clients with enjoying a similar braaiing experience with a range of our products. Our Braai Maxx which featured in Season 1 of the show is certainly a product worth your attention and we encourage all of our clients to consider it as an addition to their outside cooking collection. This particular unit is known for its versatility. It is the cream of the crop of outdoor cookers and offers more than just one cooking surface to choose from. There are two surfaces made available which can actually be used at the very same time! The dome interior is conveniently double skinned and non-stick coated which makes cleaning it an absolute breeze. The unit has a thermometer installed which will help you keep an eye on the cooking time of your meal and assist you to complete your meat to perfection.
The Braai Maxx also has double side tables which make for convenient and comfortable cooking. There is also a BBQ cover included. You can choose from a variety of colours such as Magnolia, Nero, Cubanite Silver and Charcoal. When considering one of these braai’s it is best to chat to one of our consultants who will happy and professionally present the unit to you and ensure that you are shown all of its features and functions. You will be immediately impressed with what the Braai Maxx has to offer and what’s more is that we will ensure that it is made available to you at a cost-effective rate. Those who invest in such a unit simply never look back and have only many years of fun filled outdoor cooking experiences ahead.
If you are interested in having equipment as impressive as what has been seen and praised on The Ultimate Braai Master 2012, then take the time to browse through our extensive range at Cadac. Chat to our sales team about your needs and requirements and we will ensure that you are introduced to the Braai Maxx and a whole host of our other products to enhance your braai experience too.
With the arrival of balmy summer nights and long languid evenings, so comes the arrival of the much enjoyed South African braai, and products supplied by http://www.cadac.co.za! Everyone wants to enjoy a barbeque with family and friends that is fun, tasty and above all else, enjoyable to prepare and manage. Each braai-master will have their various methods and ways of doing things but there are definitely a few Braai trends that are hot right now that can make the experience more convenient, easier and of course more enjoyable.
Some great tips that seem to be doing the rounds at the moment include the following:
- Fish barbeques are the latest craze at the moment. Not only is this a healthy style of barbeque, but is also absolutely delicious. Salmon, tuna and trout are popular types of fish for this. You will find that the cooking is done quickly and requires very little in terms of seasoning except for some salt and a squeeze of lemon to taste.
- Keeping the grid clean can offer an aromatic sensation as well as be effective. Cut an onion in half and rub the grid down – this will remove any cooked on grease and sauce. Once this is done, pop the used onion into the fire and enjoy the delicious smell.
- Having the tenderest meat in the neighbourhood is the ideal for any braai-master. If you want to achieve this, leave your meat to soak in lemon juice for up to 20 minutes before your spice it. This will ensure a deliciously tender cut of meat. This is becoming quite a popular trend these days. Remember when marinating meat that it should be done a few hours earlier to ensure that the flavours have time to infuse into the meat.
- For the best cooking results ensure that you do not put meat onto a very hot flame. To test that you have the right temperature for cooking you should be able to hold your hand above the grid for the count of 10 without needing to pull away. Cooking your meat on a high heat will cause it to overcook on the outside and be raw on the inside. A tough and rather dry piece of meat will soon be the outcome if this is the case.
- Make sure that you have a spray bottle with water nearby. This is ideal for cooling down the coals if you feel that they are too hot. Make sure the spray is set to a fine mist so that it cools the fire and doesn’t extinguish it. If you have any flames burst out, you can also put them out with ease if you have one these handy.
- Ensure that you have a nice set of accessories to use. Tongs are a must. If you are turning and moving meat with a fork, you are probably puncturing the cut and losing all of the tender juices. Dry meat is not enjoyed, so make sure to keep as much moisture in the meat as possible.
- Potatoes can be wrapped in tin foil and placed directly into the coals for the best results. There is very little effort required in making these and if you include a little garlic butter in the tin foil, you are bound to experience a taste sensation.
Of course what you use to barbeque is quite important. You should take the time to shop around and find items that will work well for you and your family as well as last long. Durability is an absolute must as you want your unit to last for a number of years without having to replace it. You will find a number of great brands available on the market for you to choose from. These ranges and brands include units such as free standing electric and charcoal units which are ideal for use on a patio or entertainment area, built in electric, gas or charcoal units and various camping options which can be gas or charcoal.
Take some time to plan your barbeque and consider the various braai trends and tips that are hot right now. You will find yourself having a more enjoyable experience and enjoying a tasty meal that will be appreciated by all.
Hosting a social gathering at your home on a hot South African summer’s night certainly wouldn’t be the same if there was no braai. Also known as a barbeque, this type of social gathering is understood to be the “South African way”. While we all like a festive gathering around the fire, not everyone cooks their meat and sets up the barbeque the same. Some brilliant ideas for your next braai can be easily obtained from the leaders in the market for related products – Cadac.
One of the best investments you will ever make would be the Cadac gas braai unit. This is designed for the ultimate control over the cooking temperature which is vitally important if you want to ensure that your meat is succulent and tasty. Another great product is the Kettle braai. This unit has a lid that ensures heat trapped inside the unit is evenly distributed, cooking your chosen meat to perfection. This type of barbeque unit cooks meat quicker than most other types of units.
A great idea would be to invest in the various tools required to make cooking not just convenient, but simple. These include tongs, spatulas, and forks and so on. If you are testing the readiness of your meat with a general fork then you can expect to lose all the moisture in the meat and potentially have to endure a dry piece of meat.
If you really want your guests to enjoy their meal, you should look into marinating your meat for a few hours before it is cooked. There are various recipes available on our website that will simply transform a piece of meat into a palatial delight. At Cadac we want nothing more than to ensure that your outdoor cooking time is not only enjoyed for the company of your guests, but an absolute treat for all involved.
For those looking for ways in which to make their next barbeque even more enjoyable, it is suggested that you choose free range meat. This type of meat is a great deal healthier for you and you are guaranteed to taste the difference if you cook it right. This type of meat needs to be cooked over lower heat and for slightly longer than other types of meat. This will ensure a succulent and tender cut that will have your mouth watering.
At Cadac we have a whole range of barbeque products that will make your next outdoor leisure gathering one to be enjoyed and remembered. On our product catalogue you will find the following ranges:
- Patio Range – this generally consists of gas units that are portable.
- Charcoal Range – this range offers both portable and built-in units.
- Chef Range – this range consists of various forms of regular and gourmet skottel units.
- Camping Range – this range offers various gas cylinders, lights and mini-stoves.
- Adventure Range – this range offers a number of grills, lights, stove sets and so much more.
- Cooler Boxes – in this range you will find various types and sizes of cooler boxes.
- Accessories – these include the likes of cooler bags, kettles, camping chairs, blow torch sets, fire-lighters and so on.
The Cadac name is part of SA culture as it is a trusted and reputable brand on the market. Purchasing any of our products will be a sound investment and you can expect for the items to last. If you are looking for more brilliant ideas for your next braai, take the time to investigate our website which is jam packed with great products, recipes and tips. Allow Cadac to make your next barbeque the best one yet.
If you’re wondering what the basic camping equipment for the December holidays is that you’ll need, you’re reading the right article. South Africans are very fond of sleeping outdoors and their Cadac camping equipment available from http://www.cadac.co.za. In fact it has certainly become one of the most popular ways for South Africans to enjoy their vacations. It is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and nature, and what better way to enjoy such a holiday than with a BBQ all fired up and ready to go?
Surprisingly, there are many people who are unfamiliar with the basics that go into arranging such a holiday. Sure they remember to pack all the right clothes, the curling iron, the generator and the mosquito repellent, but what about the basics you’ll need to survive and enjoy your time with your family in the great outdoors?
There is also no need to think that you need to break the bank to get all this equipment. There are many ways you can go about stocking up on the necessities in an inexpensive way. With such a huge camping market in South Africa already there is a lot of competition in the market which will help you to find spectacular deals.
If you’re wondering what type of supplies and gear you will need to pull off a successful outdoors holiday, read on:
- Tents: This is perhaps the most important camping equipment for the December holidays that you’ll need. Investing in a comfortable and dependable shelter is key to making your holiday fun, relaxing and enjoyable. When shopping around for the tent, be sure to opt for a waterproof tent that is both sturdy and simple and easy to assemble. The tent should be able to carry your sleeping gear, mattress and clothing.
- Comfy chair: This chair will be used a lot throughout your holiday. When you fire up the BBQ and sit around the coals or when fishing and waiting patiently for the bite, this chair will form an integral part of the vacation. You will be able to sit back for hours in your comfortable chair and enjoy the outdoors in comfort. These chairs are great for sitting around fires, under the trees, taking them on picnics and will last for years if you buy a quality campaign chair.
- Choosing the correct griller: A great outdoors BBQ grill is a definite must for any outdoors enthusiast. Cooking grills will allow you to grill and cook absolutely anywhere regardless of any weather or fire restrictions. You won’t need to pack firewood for your cooking needs and this will assure that you can get the great taste of an outdoors meal. There are many different grills available on the market that will suit different needs. The grill you decide on will be one which personally suits your requirements but will allow you to cook delicious meals effortlessly
- Sleeping bags: This is almost as equally important as your tent. The sleeping bag needs to be sturdy and comfortable and protect you against the plunging evening temperatures that South Africa is very infamous for.
- Sundries: These days there are so many other products that are used to make a camping trip even more comfortable and luxurious. You can easily find outdoor lanterns, camp heaters, camp kitchen equipment and other products that will help you to make your stay in the wild as comfortable as possible. Most of these products can be found at any camp store and you can go as hard core nature or modern-convenience as you’d like to.
Remember to take your outdoor tools with you, which can include a compact shovel, an axe and rope as well as a hammer to pen the tent’s pins into the ground. Camping is a great and inexpensive way to enjoy South Africa’s great climate and beautiful outdoors. Remember, there is no need today to be inconvenienced while on your outdoors holiday or that you need to go without your modern day conveniences. Your tent is your home away from home and with so many new and innovative products in the industry you can take your modern conveniences with you on holiday and make your holiday even more special. Contact Cadac for your camping equipment for the December holidays.